The new Department of Managerial Science and Technology, with its Curriculum, aims at the preparation of tomorrow’s executives through an interdisciplinary integration of the Administrative, Economic and Technological scientific fields. The graduates of the Department will be able to manage issues related to Management, Economics in relation to modern Business and New Technologies.
In this context, the Department of Managerial Science and Technology provides its graduates with the compulsory Pedagogical Adequacy. One of the most important advantages of the Department, is the newly acquired right of enrollment of its graduates in the Economic Chamber, so that on the one hand, the identity of the Department is clear, as it is validated by the Curriculum. On the other hand, students receive those supplies that will be valid and competitive when servings as executives and consultants in the new environment of Management, Economy, Communication, Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
The University of Western Macedonia and the Department of Managerial Science and Technology, warmly thank the Administration of the Economic Chamber at local and national level for the excellent cooperation and securing the right to enroll our graduates in the Economic Chamber, after accepting the Program and accepting the Program specific elective courses.
The role of the Economic Chamber of Greece
The Economic Chamber of Greece (OEE) was founded in 1980 by the Law 1100/80 and according to its institutional framework is the scientific advisor of the state and society.
The graduates of the economics studies of the universities are registered in the Economic Chamber of Greece, with the institutionalization of the profession of economist with the Presidential Decree 475/1991:
(a) their professional title is recognized;
- b) the conditions for access to the profession are determined for graduates if they use their degree for professional purposes in the public or private sector;
- c) transparency is ensured in the exercise of the profession
The State, recognizing the contribution of the Economic Chamber of Greece, in the economic development of our country, assigned by the Law 2515/97 and by the authorization of this Law issued by 340/1998 the organization of the profession of accountant-tax expert and the granting of the respective professional identities.
Today, the Economic Chamber of Greece, is able to contribute substantially directly and practically to the sectors of the National Economy, such as:
- in shaping an efficient and fair tax system,
- in the development process, in the operation of economic institutions and
- in finding – utilizing resources to deal with the problems of the National Economy.
The purposes of our organization are:
- The opinion on general and specific financial issues.
- The elaboration and the recommendation to the competent state authorities of general economic and special financial accounting, auditing, costing, commercial and other principles.
- The opinion on education issues in the financial sector.
- Granting to its members when they use their degree for professional reasons, a special license to practice the economics profession.
- Cooperation with scientific and professional associations in the field of Economics and providing assistance to them to achieve their goals.
The Economic Chamber of Greece, in an excellent and institutionalized relationship with the Economic Universities and the professional bodies of the Economics sector faces the problems that arise from the process and the application of the economic science. It is governed by the Central Administration which consists of 15 members: the President, the Vice President, the Second Vice President, the General Secretary, the Financial Supervisor and 10 advisors. The board is elected by a secret ballot by the Assembly of Representatives. The nomination of the 200 Representatives of the Economic Chamber of Greece takes place after an electoral process, every three years by its registered members throughout the country.
For the better operation of the Economic Chamber of Greece, 16 Regional Departments with Regional Responsibilities were established, which are the expression of the Economic Chamber of Greece in their region for every issue related to their Region and promote the policies of the Economic Chamber of Greece locally.
The P.D. 475/91 describes the activities of the economic profession which are in particular:
- Analysis, elaboration and interpretation of economic phenomena, sizes, the preparation and submission of relevant studies and reports to companies, organizations and in general economic actors.
- Providing advice on economic, business, development, savings, financial, tax and commercial issues to economic and business operators of the private, public sector and Public Administration.
- Provision of services for the organization, management of the economic activities of companies as well as economic activity bodies of the Public Sector.
- Provision of services of organization, management, supervision of accounting services, planning, training and signing of Financial Statements.
- Provision of tax services, organization, operation and management of offices and companies for the provision of the above services.
- Design of statistical and econometric methods and research, elaboration, analysis, interpretation and general scientific and practical utilization of statistical data concerning the economy, economic figures, factors of production, production and development process.
- Audit of the management, the financial statements of books and data, companies, Organizations, Institutions and generally economic and business activity or management of private or Public sector bodies according to the provisions of the current legislation and the preparation – issuance of necessary and relevant reports and certificates.
- Teaching the theories, principles, methods and findings of economics and thought and applied economics, in educational institutions, with the exception of Higher Education Institutions.
The safeguarding of the public and social interest from the plagues of tax evasion and the informal economy is achieved through the responsible legislatively and institutionally controlled exercise of the specialties of the economic profession.